Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Somebody's heard Flatline

Hey how come these people have been allowed to hear Flatline first?
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/thesound/a487108/first-listen-review-mutya-keisha-siobhans-new-single-flatline.html

Well the review suggests a typical Sugababes classic. In fact it's similar to the review I'd have written about About You Now. At first I thought the song was not much, after a few listens I came to the view I've held ever since - that it's one of the best pop songs ever.

As for Overload and Round Round. When I first heard both I thought they were cons, a trick of production. Their tunes and repetitive beat are deceptively simple. But then it becomes apparent there's an incredibly tight harmony, three remarkable voices at play. And that's the extra magic ingredient.

Flatline's name alone suggests it's going to be in this mould. So does the above review. Meanwhile we're being teased by a slow release. Sounds like the song will be another tease - again.

No comments:

Post a Comment